[mythtv-users] Shutdown / Restart Frontend

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Sat Dec 13 02:04:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Scott Harris <scott.harris0509 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a brand new installation on a frontend with Mythubuntu 14.04 on
> it.  Everything is running fine, except the "Exit and Shutdown" and "Exit
> and Reboot" commands do nothing.  I have Googled, browsed the Mythbuntu
> forums, to no avail.  Can anyone shed any light on where I should start
> looking to get these working again?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Make sure that the user that runs the mythfrontend has permission to
execute reboot/shutdown. You will probably need to add a line like this to
/etc/suders:

 mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot, /sbin/halt, /sbin/shutdown

This assumes that "mythtv" is the user that runs mythfrontend. And the
proper way to edit /etc/suders is:

sudo visudo

Mike