[mythtv-users] PCTV 292e DVB-T2

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Fri Dec 12 22:28:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 06:26:30PM +0000, David Matthews wrote:

> I've added my patch to the fixes/0.27 branch of my fork of MythTV on
> github.
>
> git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/dcjm/mythtv.git
> should get you the code.  It requires the DVB-T2 multiplexes to be
> in the database with mod_sys containing the string "DVB-T2".  It's
> then possible to tune the multiplex with mythtv-setup and that
> should fill the channels.  I'll look into trying to add the ability
> to enter DVB-T2 multiplexes from within mythtv-setup.  Let me know
> how you get on and feel free to email me directly.

Do you have any news about this?

What remains to push this into the official repository?

> DVB-T2 tuning can be complicated because it does support
> virtual channels called Physical Layer Pipes (PLPs).  Fortunately
> that doesn't seem to be used in the UK but there is a request ticket
> (11679) from someone asking for it.  Adding it wouldn't be hard
> (it's set using DTV_STREAM_ID) but I think it would require an extra
> field in the dtv_multiplex table to hold the pipe ID.

I'm not sure if this is used here in Sweden, but I would be happy if
basic support (like your patch above) for DVB-T2 was implemented.

Then we could make improvements from there.

I have built deb-packages using the build-debs.sh script but I am
not sure if I am brave enough to replace my installation from
www.deb-multimedia.org with my own deb-packages.

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson