[mythtv-users] A new MythCenterXMAS-wide theme has been added to the theme chooser

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Dec 11 19:05:44 UTC 2014

It's that time of year again and to add the excitement and add a little
festive cheer to MythTV I've created a new Christmas 2014 version of the
popular MythCenter theme which has now been added to the theme chooser
for master and 0.27-fixes users.

It simply adds some festive random backgrounds and animated snow as well
as a Christmassy colour scheme. I'm still tinkering with it to get the
font colours right and make some screens easier to read but I wanted to
make it available now so others can try it before Christmas.

If you use master or 0.27-fixes version v0.27.4-26-gea73ed3 or later the
background will change every minute otherwise you will just get a random
background when the frontend starts.

You can add your own background images to the themes 'backgrounds'
directory and they will be automatically randomly shown. If you have
some nice backgrounds that are free to use then send them to me and I
will add them to the theme.

For added effect search for HappyChristmasradio in MythMusic's Radio
Stream player and leave it playing in the background while you use MythTV :)

If you spot any obvious problems let me know and I will be happy to fix
them but remember the golden rule this is just a bit of fun and I know
I'm bad at this sort of stuff so no need to tell me. If you don't like
it don't whine just don't use it :)

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all MythTV users.

Paul H.