[mythtv-users] Setting up a C / Ku band motorized FTA dish

andrew allison andrew.allison at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 17:58:40 UTC 2014

Hello list:

        Does anyone know of a good guide (step by step) to setting up
a motorized
C / Ku Band FTA dish.

        I've got the dish up in the air, the Diseqc controller will rotate
the dish east and west.

        Now I've got to connect the dots to get every thing working
under Fedora
with MythTV

So by first basic question is:

1:      How does linux complete the feed back loop to know which direction the
dish is pointing?

        I've tried gotox, but all it seems to do is retract the dish
actuator. Second attempt was xdipo, but of course getting the usual compile
errors.

Technisat SkyStar HD2 pci card
V-Box 7 Diseqc 1.2 motor positioner
1.8 meter polar mount dish
BSC621 C & Ku band LNBF
Powerjack 18" actuator

Located in North America (London Ontario, Canada)

Sorry for the bit of rambling, but where is the Yellow Idiots guide when
you need one :-)

        Andrew