[mythtv-users] Duplicated recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 4 20:34:53 UTC 2014

On 12/04/2014 02:49 PM, Justin Alcorn wrote:
> That brings up an interesting point.  How do I tell MythTV that a
> recording is fine and there's no need to reschedule.  Is clicking
> 'Never record' on the rescheduled one the only way?

Yes, that will work.  You can also go into the Recently Recorded list on
mythfrontend, find the episode, and hit MENU|Never record this episode
(which is nice if there's no upcoming showing of the episode).

>  (Other than removing DAMAGED from the recordedprogram table)

TTBOMK, that won't work.  Unless I'm severely mistaken (and it was
implemented the extremely hard way, rather than the straightforward
way), the damaged flag has nothing to do with duplicate detection.
Instead, when a recording is marked as damaged, it is also marked to
allow re-record.  So removing the damaged marker won't tell MythTV not
to allow re-record.  So, removing the damaged flag will only remove the
damaged indicator from the display (if your theme shows one).

That said, it might be nice to have the ability to mark a recording as
not damaged in the UI (and it could even be made to Never Record the
episode, too, at the same time) because someone shouldn't be forced to
look at a damaged indicator in their theme if the detection was wrong.
So, if anyone is looking for a nice little patch to implement...

Mike