[mythtv-users] HDHR3 recording fails, "wrong PMT"?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Dec 3 20:20:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Eric,
>
> Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 8:45:37 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> But what are the new settings for that channel? And do they match
>>> with what you found outside MythTV?
>
>> They mostly match, but the transportid (if that's the same as TSID) is
>> different.  I don't know the importance of this information, or
>> exactly what a "transportid" is.
>
> Again a little google:
> http://www.interactivetvweb.org/tutorials/dtv_intro/dtv_intro
>
> What I understand is that it's an important part of identifying the
> channel, so ...

That page doesn't say anything about a "transport id", though.  It
says the transport stream contains substreams, each with their own id.
I already knew that.  But the id for the transport stream as a whole
isn't mentioned.

When using the hdhomerun_config command line utility to manually
record something, you tune the channel using the frequency and program
id (aka packet id/service id) only, there's no need to (or opportunity
to) specify any "transport id".

Eric