[mythtv-users] HDHR3 recording fails, "wrong PMT"?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 3 18:04:48 UTC 2014

On 12/03/2014 12:57 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>>
>>> Delete with mythtv-setup.
>>
>> and it will delete all the appropriate information from the cross-linked
>> tables.
>>
>> The scanner doesn't necessarily delete any broken stuff that's in place in
>> your database because it doesn't know whether the channel is still a good
>> channel but just not broadcasting, now.  So, if you want to clear out broken
>> stuff, do that manually, then rescan.
> But why was there broken stuff in the first place?

As I understand from your posts, the broken stuff was the old channel
information from before Verizon moved some of the channels around.

>    All I did was
> re-do the channel scan (in mythtv-setup) and accepted all changes it
> recommended (insertion of new channels, deletion of old ones).

and it did that, but probably left old stuff in there for channels that
couldn't be linked up to the now-existing channel information (i.e. it
deleted those things it was able to positively identify as changed, but
probably left stuff it didn't have enough information about).

IMHO, the best way to ensure a good scan is to do exactly as all the
set-top-boxes and TVs do--delete your entire existing configuration and
then scan from scratch (not on top of existing information).  While we
could make that the default, it would likely be annoying to some (i.e.
those in areas where some channels air only at certain times of time).

Mike