[mythtv-users] Cents and irc_serial kernel module

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 12:45:54 UTC 2014

Hoi Shredder83,

Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 5:38:55 AM, you wrote:

> I’m am trying to migrate my Mythtv Backend to Centos7. I have all
> the MythTV stuff installed (Thanks Stephen Collier). My issue is
> with Lirc. It seems that CentOS7 does not have the lirc_serial.ko
> file. The lirc-0.9.1a rpm does not include it either.

> Is there a package I am missing for this? Is there a kernel I can install that will give me this?

> I tried downloading the lirc source and got it to compile the
> lirc_serial.ko file, but when I try to modprobe it, I get this kind of errors:

> [  221.727722] lirc_serial: module verification failed: signature
> and/or required key missing - tainting kernel

> [  221.727775] lirc_serial: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_register_driver

> [  221.727777] lirc_serial: Unknown symbol lirc_register_driver (err -22)

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is not included in any kernel. It should come from the lirc
package. But then kernel modules must be compiled against the kernel
you're using. So either compile the lirc package yourself or find the
right compiled package for your kernel. ( it's not complaining that
it's missing, but that it doesn't pass verification! )

> Thanks,

> Shredder

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com