[mythtv-users] Cablecard spec change undermining CCI Copy Freely flags

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Aug 30 02:40:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> For now, I've just ordered a used HDHR Prime off Ebay.

I just got my HDHR prime and put it to the test today. It came with some
2012 firmware installed. Both my Ceton and my Prime with 2012 firmware were
reporting CGMS protection, but when I updated to the 20140604 firmware
there was no CGMS protection present on the prime.

The only thing I would note was that my cablecard was not actually paired
with my prime...it was still paired with the ceton. I simply swapped it
out. I read somewhere that SD's interpretation of the spec does not prevent
the device from operating just because the cablecard isn't paired. But I
can't see how that would have made much difference to the CGMS protection
showing up or not

--
Ron Frazier