[mythtv-users] Ceton 6 tuner box

Yippee Three-eight yp_38 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 23:39:27 UTC 2014

The problem I'm having is that even though I can play every channel just fine in mplayer (SD and HD), I cannot stream the video via RTP, which is a requirement for 0.27 and higher.  When I try to stream via the web interface, I get following in my Ceton logs:

Jan  1 06:31:08 ocur[21]: ocur: [0] stream request 192.168.200.2:8000 start:1 prot: 0
Jan  1 06:31:08 ocur[21]: ocur: WARNING: [0] Connection denied: Stream in use by c0a8c802
Jan  1 06:31:08 ocur[21]: ocur: [0] rtp setup for client 192.168.200.2:8000

Which is strange, since C0a8c802 = 192.168.200.2.

When I try to watch live TV in MythTV, I get, "Signal 100% | (TL__) Partial Lock".

I put the card into my wife's PC, which runs Windows 7, and it worked fine.  So I know it is paired correctly, and there's not a signal strength problem.

As far as support for the card goes, I got very good support when I was trying to get the card running on my wife's Windows 7 PC.  I found out that my first card was defective through that support.  On linux OTOH, I find that I get one response, then when I respond to that, I get nothing (via both e-mail and on The Green Button).  Obviously, they state that they don't support linux, so I don't expect a ton there.  It's disappointing though, that when they respond they ask me a question and I reply with the answer, but then I get nothing back.  <shrugs>   Not complaining though.  Any help they give me is help they don't have to give.

Mike

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:36 PM, Joseph DeGraw <coffee412 at comcast.net> wrote:

On 08/20/2014 05:23 PM, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 09:08:32AM -0700, Yippee Three-eight wrote:
>> I have the Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe.  I've been unable to get it to work with MythTV.  If it works for you, great.  If it doesn't, good luck.  There is virtually no support available for that card.  There are apparently not enough people here to help, and Ceton provides no support (which they state).
>>

> That is a bit harsh - I have one of the InfiniTV 4 PCIe cards.  Works fine
> with MythTV.  Setup was almost too easy.  I set mine up back when you had to
> patch MythTV and compile to get the Ceton to work (Thanks to Ron for the
> patches).
>
> As for Ceton supporting the card - I have always received great support from
> them, even though I was running the card on Linux with MythTV (yes, they were
> aware of my setup).
>
> I went in with the expectation of no support, and had the opposite experience.
> I'm sorry your experience has been otherwise.
>
> Pat

I have to say that I have also had great luck with the card. Most of the
problems with the card is that it doesnt get paired correctly with comcast.

I also had to compile the drivers from the website. But that was quite

easy.

For the O/P, What problem are you having?

jdegraw