[mythtv-users] RAID 1

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 18:32:25 UTC 2014

Hoi Eric,

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That's a feature, not a bug.  A backup/sync interval allows you to
>>> correct for accidental deletion or overwrite.  RAID does not.
>>
>>> Eric
>>
>> I do no understand your point. I'm not talking about features or bugs.

> "That's a feature, not a bug" is a standard English jargon idiom.

> http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/f/feature.html

> What I mean is that the fact that a backup copy disk has a point in
> time copy older than would have been on a raid mirror is often a good
> thing, not something to be considered a defect.

> Eric

Let me then simply state it are neither features nor bugs we're talking
about. That to me is simply weird wording to confuse they issue.
We're talking different philosophies for data loss prevention, which
all have there pre's ant con's, which non of them anything to do with
features or bugs.
So unless you're speaking exclusively with British people, don't use
confusing idiom.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven