[mythtv-users] RAID 1

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:58:04 UTC 2014

Hoi Raymond,

> On 8/29/2014 1:27 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> but the only almost foolproof protection against drive
>> failure is raid.

> RAID is for protection against hardware failures.  Backups are for
> protection against software/meatware failures.  Two different strategies
> for two completely different purposes.
As said! drive failure is hardware failure

> That's a feature, not a bug.  A backup/sync interval allows you to
> correct for accidental deletion or overwrite.  RAID does not.

> Eric

I do no understand your point. I'm not talking about features or bugs.
I only state that with a drive failure and a backup or sync system you
loose the data changes since the last backup/sync. With raid that is
no issue unless you have multiple drive failures.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop