[mythtv-users] Atlas Grabber/Mythfilldatabase Not Refreshing Data - Data is already present is output instead of refreshing?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:15:17 UTC 2014

Thanks this solved the problem for me.
mythfilldatabase --refresh all

After running this command on average 400-500 programmes a day for 14 days
were updated.

This makes it easier to schedule new programmes as they are in the
programme listing well in advance.

For me X Factor on Saturday was not going to record as it thought it was a
duplicate.  I prefer catching these earlier rather than a day before the
showing.

Take Jamie's Comfort Food (also Only Connect) on Monday this was not listed
at all so I couldn't easily set it to record until Sunday without the above
fix.

I am also not sure if in MythTV if as soon as you tell a programme Never To
Record with the current meta data are used or whether these get
automatically updated.  I have been telling it to not to record programmes
and then the guide data updates with subtitles/episode information and then
they are recorded causing conflicts with other programmes.

Hoping things should run much smoother using --refresh all.  Without the
refresh all you only have up to date date for today and tomorrow.