[mythtv-users] Atlas Grabber/Mythfilldatabase Not Refreshing Data - Data is already present is output instead of refreshing?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Aug 29 13:46:34 UTC 2014

On 29/08/14 13:07, nospam312 wrote:
> Does anyone know how to force mythfilldatabase to refresh the data instead
> of displaying messages like "Data is already present for "?
>
> The data for the following day is automatically refreshed but that is no
> good if I want to set it to record days beforehand.
>
> Noticed mainly during prime time there are parts of data missing e.g. for
> me Jamie's Comfort Food (Monday 08:00pm), X Factor on Saturday was missing
> until today's update and various other channels/timeslots are missing and
> are not updated until the day before.
>
> "Data is already present for" is not checking correctly.  There may be some
> data present but there are important 30 minutes, 60 minutes slots that do
> not have data?
>
> Using MythTV 0.26fixes.  Thanks.

I'm not sure why you consider this a problem. mythfilldatabase will always do a
reschedule after an update and it will be using the latest data at that point.

The fact that "X Factor on Saturday was missing until today's update" doesn't
matter so long as the program is there and scheduled before it actually starts.

I often find, with the UK xmltv feed, that generic details pop up for programs a
week or so ahead. It doesn't bother me because I know I'll have accurate data
before the potential recording point comes and the scheduler will have made the
right decision.

If you have programs being truncated, then the data provided is bad, not absent.

--

Mike Perkins