[mythtv-users] 4 tuner Ceton init script

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:13:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Steve Greene <sgreene59 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been having issues with the stock init script not initializing the
> PCI-express Ceton Tuner (the 4 tuner version) on my secondary backend. The
> backend script contained within mythtv-setup seems to work irregularly as a
> work around. Are their tweaks I shoud be using in
> /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf that will cure this?
>
> TIA,
> Steve Greene
>
> __________________________________

Hi,

I'm no linux expert, a novice at best. I have no idea what init system your
using. But if you are using a distro with UDEV as the INIT System you could
add something like the following to the Mythtv-backend init script

“( start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE!=br0 and

ctn91xx-device-added KERNEL=ctn91xx_ctl1 and net-device-added INTERFACE=br0

and started udev-finish )”

 The “ctn91xx-device-added KERNEL=ctn91xx_ctl1” may need to be modified to
how your Ceton is ID'd on your system. And you my not need to use the line
“ net-device-added INTERFACE=br0 ”, I did because I've bridged the Ceton
with the Nic.

 More info on UDEV here.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev

 I hope it helps.