[mythtv-users] GUI to CLI

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:27:34 UTC 2014

On Aug 26, 2014 9:31 PM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 08/26/2014 08:01 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>> Greetings Mythizens, my experience today leads me to believe that
Mythbuntu Control Center is not as compatible with Myth in Trusty as it is
with Myth in Precise. Which in turn gives me a gentle nudge further away
from GUI system management toward CLI system management. The wiki I read
today was written in the days of 0.22 and alluded to there being back-up
and restore scripts embedded in myth, but I'm not totally clear on how to
evoke them.  I can still get my database backup tarball from Precise, and I
would appreciate help with command line syntax on restoring it into Trusty.
Guidance on setting up the revolving nightly backups would also be
appreciated. TIA  Daryl

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
>
> Mike

Thanks Michael, a slower, more comprehensive read cleared up a lot.