[mythtv-users] Can the scheduler be made to treat certain sources as blacklisted for certain times?

Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Tue Aug 26 13:56:45 UTC 2014

On 22/08/2014 2:16 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Jack Perveiler <perveilerj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My stupid cable box reboots between 2 and 3 AM every morning.
> Brighthouse?
>
>> ....  My googling hasn't found anything but I was hoping someone here knew
>> better.
> Pretty sure MythTV does not have an time based invalid
> tuner option.
>
> MythTV (for better or worse) makes a presumption that the
> underlying hardware/tuners work.  Workarounds for various
> challenged hardware exists, but they are just kludges.
>
> I do not suppose you can get a different cable box?
> The Cisco and Samsungs on BrightHouse reportedly
> reboot (at least) twice a week.  I have not heard the
> same regarding the Pace boxen (but they are apparently
> fewer of them out there, so who knows).

I can attest that the Pace boxes also do their regular updates (/w
concessional reboots).  My particular work around is simply send a
discrete IR power-on command ever 15 min or so.  Overkill, yes. In truth
I could only do that a couple times around 3 am (when it's configured to
do its updates), but it works.