[mythtv-users] Philips 32PFL5007K/12 TV set and a UPnP problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Aug 24 11:12:44 UTC 2014

On 24/08/14 10:32, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/24/2014 08:35 AM, Janusz S. Bien wrote:

>> Thanks again for your answer. To make a long story short, you are right:
>> the recordings can be played on the TV set as videos.
>>
>> Moreover, perhaps because of recent upgrades, gupnp-av-cp no longer has
>> problems with MythTV. So I restore the previous subject.
>>
>> Unfortunately the details are quite confusing for me.

You aren't alone with that.  Stuart M has indicated that uPnP is being
worked on for 0.28, but I haven't hunted for details.

I thought I should add another comment.  I'm glad that you can now play
your recordings as 'Videos', but your problem isn't exactly the same as
the one that I had with my Panasonic TV series E5.

I could play raw recordings (mpeg2-ts), but after they had been
converted to mpeg2-ps by the cutting program they had to be played as
'Videos'.  Reverting #9446 lets me play them all as 'Recordings' and
offers better control of playback.

I understand that for you the raw recordings don't play as
'Recordings'..  Maybe your log offers clues about that, but I haven't
seen them yet.

Cheers,

John