[mythtv-users] Philips 32PFL5007K/12 TV set and a UPnP problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Aug 24 09:32:12 UTC 2014

On 08/24/2014 08:35 AM, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
> Quote/Cytat - mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org (Fri 22 Aug 2014 12:40:06
> AM CEST)
> [...]
>
>> Message: 17
>> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 22:52:02 +0100
>> From: John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net>
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks again for your answer. To make a long story short, you are right:
> the recordings can be played on the TV set as videos.
>
> Moreover, perhaps because of recent upgrades, gupnp-av-cp no longer has
> problems with MythTV. So I restore the previous subject.
>
> Unfortunately the details are quite confusing for me.
>
>> On 08/21/2014 07:17 AM, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
>>> Quote/Cytat - mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org (Thu 21 Aug 2014 06:11:04
>>> AM CEST):
>
> [...]
>
>>> The files extension is mpg, the file program reports "MPEG transport
>>> stream data"
>> I suppose that would be Polish DVB.  I would use 'ffmpeg -i <filename>'
>> or mediainfo to get more details, but they're probably irrelevant.
>
> I agree it's probably irrelevant, but just of curiosity, what do you
> mean by Polish DVB?

I meant DVB as used in Poland; the stream details below look similar to
what I see in the UK.

> ffmpeg reports for a sample file

> [mpegts @ 0x8e13e00] PES packet size mismatch
> Input #0, mpegts, from '/mnt/MyBookT1/4MythTV/1402_20140823143500.mpg':
>    Duration: 01:00:00.86, start: 76733.255600, bitrate: 2349 kb/s
>    Program 1
>      Stream #0:0[0xc9]: Video: mpeg2video (Main) ([2][0][0][0] /
> 0x0002), yuv420p(tv), 704x576 [SAR 16:11 DAR 16:9], max. 15000 kb/s, 25
> fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
>      Stream #0:1[0xca](pol): Audio: mp2 ([4][0][0][0] / 0x0004), 48000
> Hz, stereo, s16p, 123 kb/s
>

> I enclose also the mediainfo output for the same file.

>>> My Video directory is empty.
>> I thought it would be worth copying (or linking) one of your recordings
>> into that directory and 'scanning for changes';  is it then listed as a
>> video and does it play (both in mythfronted and via upnp)?
>
> The frontend shows the videos but with no metadata at all and doesn't
> play them
> (nothing happens when I click on "Play"). On the other hand playing
> recordings works OK.

Hmm.  I wouldn't expect that procedure to deliver the metadata, but I
can play files in the frontend that way.  Perhaps the Videos need to be
'Imported' too, as I found with 'Music' files.

> [...]
>
>>> Quote/Cytat - "Janusz S. Bien" <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> (Mon 18 Aug 2014
>>> 02:30:07 PM CEST):

>> ... but the myth server _does_ work with some renderers, including my
>> TV, so your TV isn't cooperating.  Mine didn't without the revert-#9446
>> patch.
>
> I understand you mean this:
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9446
>
> Is there a chance I could use your binaries for a test? I don't have yet
> enough
> time and determination to compile from source to revert the patch.

I don't recall seeing what OS you are using.  My 0.27.3 setup is in
ScientificLinux6, an RHEL near-clone, but I'm using non-standard repos
with it, too. I doubt that my binaries would help.

>> If rygel does what you want, ok; otherwise it would be good to
>> dig further.
>
> Browsing in MythTV is definitely more convenient, so I am willing to dig
> further.
>
>>  Perhaps, with Myth running, you could run 'mythbackend
>> --setverbose none,upnp'
>
> Do you mean
>
> mythbackend --verbose none,upnp

Well, I didn't, but it seems to have delivered similar stuff.

> ?
>
> mythbackend --setverbose none,upnp gives some strange errors:
>
> MythCoreContext: Connecting to backend server: 192.168.0.14:6543 (try 1
> of 1)
> MythSocket(893eca0:-1): Failed to connect to (127.0.0.1:6543) Connection
> refused
> Unable to connect to backend, verbose mask unchanged
>
>> in a terminal and see what you get in the
>> backend log, but I'm no expert in interpreting it.
>
> I enclose the output of `mythbackend --verbose none,upnp`.
>
>> And about a month
>> ago another diagnostic tool was posted here but TTBOMK it isn't
>> 'supported', and although I've used it I'm not familiar with it and I
>> probably shouldn't be mentioning it....
>
> I somehow missed this posting, I will be glad to give it a try.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/572262#572262
You may need to click twice to get the specific post.

I don't think it will eat your grandchildren, but...  Good luck!