[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 22:05:02 UTC 2014

On 08/23/2014 03:51 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo mount -t ext4
>>>

>> /dev/sdb6 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)<====================
>>
>> That's bad! pastebin the output of these 3 commands please:
>>
>>      mount|grep "^/dev"
>>      cat /etc/fstab
>>      sudo blkid
>
> Here you are Sir:     *ouch!*
> $ mount|grep "^/dev" | pastebinit
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8125295/
> $ cat /etc/fstab | pastebinit
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8125308/
> $ sudo blkid | pastebinit
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8125316/

OK, those look fine. I don't know why the sudo mount -t ext4
caused what appears to be a remounting of /. I was concerned
that another partition had been mounted on top of /, hence
my "That's bad!" comment.

Note that there are 2 swaps, but I assume one is from your
12.04 configuration.

/dev/sda3 is clearly mounted on /media/storage, so if you
can't see any files under it, then the information on the
to figure out where it's really living. Or, it's just plain
empty.

Try looking without the GUI, just ls -lAR /media/storage.

And looking at the old thread, Mark had you do a df -H which
showed /dev/sda3 mounted /media/storage.

The only other non-swap partition is /dev/sdb1, which appears
to have been your 12.04 /. But you can mount it on
any empty directory e.g:

     sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
     ls -l /mnt # to see what's there
     cat /mnt/etc/fstab # to see your old configuration
     sudo unmount /mnt

--
Bill