[mythtv-users] Can the scheduler be made to treat certain sources as blacklisted for certain times?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 07:07:35 UTC 2014

On 08/22/2014 09:20 PM, Jack Perveiler wrote:
> It sounds like a manual recording rule is the way to go for blocking out
> the danger hour, thanks for all the comments.

If you don't want to be recording at that time, then forcing a dummy
recording seems a kludge to me.

How about making sure that Myth won't have anything to record at that
time? Something like:

delete from program where chanid in (select chanid from channel where
sourceid in (LISTYOURSOURCEIDsHERE)) and time(starttime)<'03:00:00' and
time(endtime)>'02:00:00';

Entirely untested!! It's just an idea. Might need to be adapted to the
fact that (I believe) that the database now stores UTC timestamps.

Also: if all of your sources are suffering from this problem you can get
rid of the chanid selection section.

HTH, Jan