[mythtv-users] keyframes in cut list editor off by one frame

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Aug 22 20:34:33 UTC 2014

On 08/22/2014 08:44 PM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> On 22/08/14 16:35, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi:  MythDVBcut already incorporates an offset for this, and I find that
>> it usually gives the right result with DVB-T SD in the UK.  I rarely
>> record HD material, but I have a small amendment to this version for that.
>
> Thanks John. But as I wrote I solved it already in my script by adding a
> "- 1"
>
> SELECT offset FROM recordedseek WHERE chanid=$3 AND starttime='$4' AND
> type=9 and mark >= ($i - 1) and mark < ($i + 100) order by offset;
Yes, I suppose that has much the same effect.

> I still think it's a bug in the cutlist editor. Or are you saying that
> it only happens with DVB-T in the UK?

No; the 'small amendment' for non-mpeg2 work doesn't apply the 188-byte
(1 packet) offset that seemed to improve mpeg2 cutting with project-x.

I'm also using a patched version of mythcommflag that makes rebuilt h264
seektables more like the originals.  See #12010.  But mythDVBcut will
still be subject to audio glitches at internal cuts in h264, and, as I
said, I don't often record h264.