[mythtv-users] Can the scheduler be made to treat certain sources as blacklisted for certain times?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:49:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> Dish Network receivers do pretty much the same thing. The only difference is
> that you can configure when it happens. They say they do it in order to
> check for possible firmware updates.

What I heard is not so much they are checking for firmware (although
they probably do that too), but that they are checking authorization.
If a receiver does not get regular validation of its authorization, it
eventually disables itself (requiring a drunken giraffe dance to reset).