[mythtv-users] keyframes in cut list editor off by one frame

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Aug 22 15:35:29 UTC 2014

On 22/08/14 15:47, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm running 0.27 and observed, that the keyframes in the cutlist editor
> are off by +1 compared to the keyframes stored in the database (mark of
> type 9 in recordseek table). For that reason mythcutproject cuts at the
> next key frame after my cut point, even though I chose a keyframe in the
> editor.
>
> Example:
>
> keyframes in the cutlist editor: 1, 37, 74, 110, 146, ...
> keyframes stored in the database: 0, 36, 73, 109, 145, ...
>
> There is an open bug #11924, which looks like it describes what I'm
> observing. But the bug is 10 month old and the last comment 9 month.
>
> I know how to solve it in my user script, but other people might have
> problems with other cut/transcode scripts too.
>
> Thanks
> Thomas

Hi:  MythDVBcut already incorporates an offset for this, and I find that
it usually gives the right result with DVB-T SD in the UK.  I rarely
record HD material, but I have a small amendment to this version for that.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut

"The link between the editor-based cutlist and the cutpoints actually
used differs slightly from both the earlier versions. I find that edits
at the last/first keyframes that show a wanted picture usually give
acceptable results. This may well depend on the editing processes at
source."

# Find the next keyframe (mark type 9) after a position slightly before
the cutmark found by the editor.
# The original version, which I have been using for years, effectively
had lag=0.

Cheers,

John P