[mythtv-users] Gentoo ebuild fro mgit?

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Thu Aug 21 10:42:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Marc Tousignant <myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are correct, I am using an uncommitted variation of the 9999 ebuild.
> It's been so long since I updated it I forget what it is based off of. But
> I'm 99% sure I used the base ebuilds provided on the mythtv packaging
> project just due to the fact that I have mythtv-0.25.1_p20120622 and
> mythtv-0.26_pre20120706 in the folder as well. I believe this was when I was
> trying to convince the devs to let me maintain the Gentoo/Funtoo section by
> submitting updates. They however did not want a 9999 ebuild.
> The ebuild works fine and has for several years now, I last used it to build
> MythTV Version : v0.27.3-59-g6435215

If somebody wants to take the time to maintain it and keep it working,
I don't have problems with them proxy-maintaining a -9999 ebuild.
Actually, you might want to make that 0.27.9999 or something like that
if it is tracking 027-fixes and not master.  It will need to be masked
per policy.

Unless somebody REALLY needs bleeding-edge fixes, I'd stick with the
updates I'm doing.  I've been trying to update 0.27 about monthly, and
they all track 0.27-fixes.  The ebuild still says 0.27.1, but with the
complete set of fixes I believe it is equivalent to 0.27.3.  The last
time I had checked the official release didn't say 0.27.3 so I hadn't
changed it, now that 0.27.3 is released I might go ahead and update
the ebuild (which will mean less patching since it will start with the
0.27.3 tarball before applying fixes).

You probably won't have problems running live fixes, but you won't
benefit from anybody else testing out the same build you're using, and
you're basically on your own if you find issues.  On the other hand,
if mythtv fixes those issues it will just take a single update to pull
them in.

--
Rich