[mythtv-users] Multi part movies & Tv shows in MythVideo

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Aug 20 15:00:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:11:53PM +0100, Andre Newman wrote:
> I’m having a Movies and other Videos tidyup and I’ve never found a way to deal with Movies and TV series in multiple files. For example all of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies arrive on two disks, DVD or Bluray, I’ve attempted to mux the two parts together but usually there is some small difference in encoding so that’s not often possible.

   I think I only have one movie that comes in multiple parts (and I have a LOT of movies).

   That's Ten Commandments and I just labeled each as Part 1 and Part 2 and treat them
as separates movies essentially. Although my personal "last played" hack in MythVideo
makes this approach better perhaps.

   For TV shows, I have a script that looks at the DVD table of contents and guesses
which titles are episodes and rips each of those individually. The results eventually
get sequentially numbered and named so that they are in the right order when sorted
alphanumerically.

   Again, my "last played" hack is very convenient for dealing conveniently watching
stuff in order. MythVideo will jump to the last played video in any directory I
navigate to.

   So when I finally get back to watching Farscape again, I will know exactly where
I left off.