[mythtv-users] scheduled recordings with DVB-S

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 20 13:41:22 UTC 2014

On 08/20/2014 05:18 AM, Dmitry Zakharov wrote:
> Yes,  TLMSC on 0.24 and _LMSC on 0.25 and above. I was working with
> 0.24 on ubuntu 10.04 for a long time. About a half year ago i decided
> to upgrade. Installed 0.27 on ubuntu 12.04 and got the problem
> mentioned above. I experimented with different version of MythTV and
> Ubuntu/Debian for a couple of month. Every time I compiled mythtv from
> the source. And the result was, as i said, _LMSC displayed at the
> bottom of the screen. And when i reinstalled 0.24, TLMS is back again.

The problem here is almost definitely unrelated to MythTV 0.24 versus
MythTV 0.27.  When low-level stuff (capture cards/drivers) fails after
an operating system upgrade, it's almost never going to be a problem in
the high-level application that's causing the failure.  So, really, what
you should be focusing on is the fact that you upgraded from Ubuntu
10.04 to 12.04--during which time you got a new kernel and new drivers
for all your hardware.

So, all you need to do is configure MythTV to use those new drivers,
rather than leaving the configuration you had for the old drivers.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Pay particular attention to the "If you ever change capture cards or
capture card drivers..." part.  (And note that if you haven't actually
changed anything about from where you are receiving your TV, you
probably don't need to do the "Delete all video sources" part.)  This is
something everyone should do every time they change capture devices
and/or capture device drivers (i.e. via a kernel and/or OS upgrade).

Mike