[mythtv-users] upgrade

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:06:45 UTC 2014

> Recently it has been freezing at the purple Ubuntu with five dots screen, so grub is working but OS won't load, IIRC trying to access upgraded partition from live CD or other means was unsuccessful. If I try the upgrade from a terminal without using update manager, could I before a restart, copy and paste the terminal output into office writer and move it to a flash drive for later access/sharing?   Daryl

Yes you could copy / paste text out of the terminal window before reboot provided you use terminal window and not TTY console.

There would have to be some pretty fundamental other problems for a livecd to be unable to access the partitions. Perhaps they were unmounted? Type the command:

mount

In a terminal window before the upgrade and copy down the output and then run the same command from a terminal window after the upgrade and compare the output. It might be as simple as:

mount -a

To remount all the partitions from the fstab file.