[mythtv-users] Can't delete channel

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Tue Aug 19 15:20:43 UTC 2014

I've got two channel entries for channel 766 - one is an east coast feed
and one is the west coast feed.  Of course there's just one channel 766 on
my cablebox, and it's the west coast feed.  So I'm trying to delete the
easy coast channel.

I've tried to do it in MythWeb's Settings/TV/Channel Info by selecting the
channel and clicking save at the bottom - the browser reloads but the
unwanted channel is still there.

I then tried doing it via mythtv-setup/Channel Editor.  After I delete the
channel, the screen refreshes and the channel is gone, and it's gone from
the MythWeb interface, too.

Until I run mythfilldatabase.  It says it "Found 766", and I'm back with
two 766s, one of which has incorrect programming info.

Any suggestions what to try next?  I'm running v0.28-pre-2111 on Ubuntu
14.04.

Thanks,
Fred