[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:28:23 UTC 2014

On 19 August 2014 07:05, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> I'd like to find a new, low-power motherboard to replace the power hungry
> monster I have in my server now, but so far have only found one board that
> meets my criteria. Does anyone else know of a board that has:
>
> - Low power CPU, preferably on-board, with integrated graphics (chipset
> unimportant)

most CPUs these days are very low power. They only use power if you
use it to its full capabilities.
How much power idle they use at idle is what matter the most, and even
you most powerful i7 will use very little at idle.

> - At least 8 internal SATA ports (or 6 with a PCIe x1 slot so I can add a
> SATA card)
> - At least 3 Ethernet ports, using an Intel chipset

Supermicro X10SL7-F, that's what I use and have everything on your
list. With 12x4TB disks attached to it. Using an i3 dual-core with ECC
RAM.