[mythtv-users] A Myther can dream, right?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Aug 18 12:34:38 UTC 2014

>> I wanted a SAN device but unfortunately, fiber-attached boxes that could handle SATA disks were either prohibitively expensive or brands I had never heard of

I ended up building my own.

I purchased used equipment off of ebaY and am using esos as the OS.

3U Supermicro 16Bay Server X7DBE 2x Intel Xeon L5420

And a QLogic Fibre card (4Gbit) for around $16 and 1 PCIe QLogic card for my ESXi 5.10 box.

Working quite well so far with 10 SATA drives.  7 are working in a RAID5, 3 are RAID0

Doug