[mythtv-users] A Myther can dream, right?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 06:33:28 UTC 2014

I bought the REDS as at the time they were the only 6TB drives I could
get, it is software RAID6 on a Fedora 20 build.....I'm migrating my
library at the moment (every SD file is getting re-transcoded to x264
and all audio volume is getting normalised).....and before anyone says
you'll lose quality I accept there can be 'some' small quality loss
say taking an XVID avi and turning it into a x264 mkv, but I'm on
average saving about 12% space so far and to be honest I can't notice
an visual difference even on the 50" screens.

I reckon the convert and moves will take me about 6-8 months
altogether but it's a very nice compact box at the end!!