[mythtv-users] Combined FE/BE using USB for all I/O?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 08:56:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:26:56 AM Simon Hobson wrote:
> Well I would work on the "minimum number of bits" for something that has to
> be "family friendly". Add a hub and you add an extra power supply for it -
> using a host port powered hub is likely to be asking for trouble if it
> works at all.

Which is why I went with a powered hub.

> Bear in mind that you'll already have a pile of bits and
> pieces, and the PC will be sprouting a christmas tree of connections.

I have no choice - there are only 3 usb ports out of this NUC and the USB3
won't power a USB drive. I don't want seperate power supplies for the USB
drives, so that limits me to 1TB and I want at least 2TB. A powered hub is the
simplest solution.

Its all hidden out of sight, so I don't care how it looks.

--
Lindsay