[mythtv-users] Combined FE/BE using USB for all I/O?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 08:26:56 UTC 2014

Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any particular reason you'd avoid a hub?

Well I would work on the "minimum number of bits" for something that has to be "family friendly". Add a hub and you add an extra power supply for it - using a host port powered hub is likely to be asking for trouble if it works at all.
Bear in mind that you'll already have a pile of bits and pieces, and the PC will be sprouting a christmas tree of connections.

Any chance of using a "network tuner" type of device ? Being able to hide one (or more) of those out of the way would clear up a lot of clutter and improve the WAF !