[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Firewall rules, WAS: Fedora 20 mythtv .27 audio issue

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:14:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Nick Campbell <westlandnick at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I thought it was strange that I couldn't get the HDHR to work with the
> firewall..  I enabled all the ports, but only disabling firewalld is what
> made it work, I was thinking of moving to iptables...   This is very
> helpful.

I got curious again and did a little searching. Here is the link to the
iptables fix:

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7272

I also found this on how to make it work with firewalld, but it's for the
DVB model, no clue if it will work for other models but I may give it a try:

http://lifeofageekadmin.com/how-to-run-silicondust-hdhomerun-on-fedora-19/

You have to skim down a ways to find the relevant firewalld section.

Thanks,
Richard