[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not working after upgrade to 0.27.3 from 0.26

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:56:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 3:57 AM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> mythfilldatabase is not pulling in lineup data. Recent changes to the
>> system are new kernel and an upgrade to 0.27.3. Here's the output from
>> running mythfilldatabase manually - does anything look odd?
>
> Given that the "downloaded data" dates are noticeably in the past,
> my WAG is that during the upgrade you ran mythfilldatabase using
> a different userid (at one point or another), and have a lingering
> mythtv_ddp_data file in /tmp (or various other downloaded files
> of directories created by mythfilldatabase).  Remove it (or simply
> reboot if your distro is one of the modern ones that use tmpfs for
> /tmp).

Thank you. In the /tmp directory there was a file mythtv_ddp_data,
owned by root, and dated July 27th. I removed that file, manually ran
as the mythtv user and the guide was updated.
I'm confused because mythbackend is run by root, as it always has
been, and mythfilldatabase is run automatically by root (or so I
thought it was the root user) so there should not have been a
permissions problem...