[mythtv-users] Jump back behavior

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Fri Aug 8 14:00:44 UTC 2014

Using mythfrontend 0.27.3.  I've noticed the "jump-back" function is
real sluggish.  There's a slight delay (up to two seconds) between
pressing pg-dn and anything happening.  Some observations:

-Watching show > press pg-up (jump back): .5 to 2 second delay
-Watching show > press pg-up (jump back) three times: long delay,
eventually executes all three

-Watching show > press pg-dn (jump forward): usually no delay
-Press pg-up after doing a pd-dn: jump forward happens, jump back
happens *without* delay.

Not to complain, but for comparison...version 0.25. x was instant in
both directions.  Version 0.27.3 is noticeably changed.  Anyone have
suggestions on how to solve?

PS - adding ram didn't help...I have 8 gig (was 2 gig).