[mythtv-users] DB manipulation

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:46:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/07/2014 10:25 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>  I proceeded to borke it further after my last post, so I re-cloned it back
>> and tried again by typing, how long should it take, it seems to be hung at
>> least 3 minutes now?
>>

> I'd have guessed seconds, but I'm not going to test it.
>
> If you restart the process, add the --verbose switch to
> your command line and you can watch the process better
> (or at least feel good that something is going on.)
>
> --
> Bill

here is what happened using the command with the path:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl
--change_hostname --old_hostname="daryl-A780L3C" --new_hostname="TriMyth"

Unable to connect to database.
           database: mythconverg
               host: localhost
           username: mythtv
To see the password used, please re-run the script with the --verbose
argument.

Please check your configuration files to verify the database connection
information is correct.  The files that are used to retrieve connection
information are prefixed with "parsing" in the "Parsing configuration files"
section of the --verbose output.

Also note that any [client] or [mysql] password specified in the MySQL
options
file (/etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf or ~/.my.cnf) will take precedence
over
the password specified in the MythTV configuration files.

ERROR: Unable to connect to database.
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$