[mythtv-users] Watch recording on iPad

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Wed Aug 6 22:01:49 UTC 2014

On 6/08/2014 11:46 PM, jacek burghardt wrote:
> You can install xbmc on your tablet
> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_for_iOS
> Other option is to install mediatomb and have it transcode on fly
> http://www.gsjs.org/Home/mythtv-mediatomb

IPAD needs to be JailBroken to run xbmc.

I never found a good enough free iOS App that worked properly, and was
hesitant to pay for an app when none of the free apps worked properly.
Some could see the Myth UPNP Backend, show you the folders, but no
recordings, some would show you the recordings and videos, but couldnt
play them properly.  Other than VLC, best solution I could come up with,
was OPlayer accessing a Samba share on the server, using MythLink to
create human filenames for the recordings.

On Android its as simple as installing BubbleUPNP and BSPlayer, (or just
XBMC) and works on an ultra cheap tablet.

-----
No virus found in this message.