[mythtv-users] Merge two versions of 'oldrecorded' ?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Aug 6 14:01:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 19:22:36 +0100, you wrote:

>On 05/08/14 18:57, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> You should be able to just grep the sql out and pipe it straight in.
>>
>> If your db backup is from the mythconverg_backup.pl
>> <http://mythconverg_backup.pl>:
>>
>> zcat <dbBackupFile> | grep oldrecorded | grep INSERT | sed
>> 's/INSERT/INSERT IGNORE/g 'l mysql -u <db_user> -p<Password> mythconverg
>>
>> You'll need to get your db_user and Password from your mythtv config.xml
>> file.
>>

>Thank you :-)  I guess I should squirrel away a few backups and try it
>out - perhaps in stages - so that I can see what's happening.
>
>Cheers,
>
>John

Merging the databases like that will only work if all the various
values used in the oldrecorded table (like, for example,
channel.chanid in the chanid field and channel.callsign in the station
field) are the same in both databases.  When I set up my laptop, I
built its database from a copy of my main MythTV system's database so
I was sure I had the same values and could do things like that.