[mythtv-users] DB manipulation

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:55:18 UTC 2014

On Aug 5, 2014 12:22 AM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 08/04/2014 05:58 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>
>> Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>>
>>> Would it work to create the backup, restore it to the new system, then "
mythconverg_restore.pl <http://mythconverg_restore.pl> --change_hostname
--old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY" it?

>> Yes
>

> Iff you run the --change_hostname before you run any MythTV application
at all on the new system, and iff you have never run any MythTV application
on any system that used the new same host name as the new host name.

> Mike

I'm guessing that you are saying that since I've set up the BE and added
scripts etc., it won't work because I have already created a Db. In that
case, would I have to drop the current Db before restoring the previous
system's Db?
Daryl