[mythtv-users] DB manipulation

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:35:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/04/2014 04:58 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>> Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> Would it work to create the backup, restore it to the new system, then "
>>> mythconverg_restore.pl <http://mythconverg_restore.pl>
>>> --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY" it?
>>>

>> Yes
>>

> Another option is changing the my-unique-identifier-goes-here
> text enclosed in <LocalHostName></LocalHostName> in *all* copies
> of config.xml to the name of the 'old' host.
>
> Naturally, you'd make that/those changes before starting any
> MythTV program.
>
> Did I mention changing *all* copies?
>
> The downside is that if line gets restored to the text above
> (or nothing) your 'new' hostname would be used.
>
> --
> Bill

There is never only one way to do a given task, in this virtual world.
Thanks to all I think I'll backup, restore and rename. that sounds most
straight forward to me.
Lastly, is it true that the recordings, mounted at / will be found by the
newly Db restored OS? Or should I clone the functional system to another
drive as a backup then clone the Mythbuntu OS onto the functioning drive's
OS partition?
Daryl