[mythtv-users] Gentoo and IMDb

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 23:30:48 UTC 2014

> On 4 Aug 2014, at 7:07 am, "Saul A. Peebsen" <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 16:38:51 -0400
> Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>
>>> On 8/3/2014 1:01 PM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
>>> What is the name of script? I searched my system for tmdb.* and
>>> nothing was found.
>>
>> tmdb3.py.  It should be in /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/.
>
> Thanks for reply!
> Yes it is present. Now I have to figure out why it does not work.
> To begin with, where from it is supposed to fetch data from?
>
> --
> Cheers, Saul

Check your log files, if it is working sometimes and not other times it might be as simply as no match found / multiple matches found and can't pick which match.

The wiki has information on file naming conventions.

To the best of my knowledge tmdb3.py does not use the year in matching which does decrease the hit rate a bit.