[mythtv-users] 14.04 clean

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 20:32:18 UTC 2014

Greetings mythizens, I need help getting over the first hurdle of a clean
install of myth on 14.04. After searching the error I got in the database
setup I followed directions which resulted in the following:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 162
Server version: 5.5.38-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>  create user 'mythtv'@'%' identified by 'mythtv';
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'mythtv'@'%'
mysql> create user 'mythtv'@'localhost' identified by 'mythtv';
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'mythtv'@'localhost'
mysql>  connect mythconverg;

Connection id:    163
Current database: mythconverg

mysql> grant all privileges on *.* to 'mythtv'@'%' with grant option;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql>  grant all privileges on *.* to 'mythtv'@'localhost' with grant
option;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> exit
Bye

What am I missing/ / What can I do next? its a loop when I try to set up
the BE and I can't get into the deep settings, just the first couple pages
and then back to the country of origin screen.

TIA Daryl