[mythtv-users] Select Country and Language in every boot

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 1 10:25:59 UTC 2014

On 1/08/2014 11:10 a.m., Mark Perkins wrote:
> If I read the original posts correctly the OP indicated that it would work after the country / language screen and it appears (from above) that mythfrontend is auto started on boot up.
>
> So +1 from me for adding delay to allow network to be established before starting mythfrontend. Both my Mythbuntu remote FE's have this issue but I rarely reboot them.

Standby is also an option. Also a factor can be how the LAN is
configured and how the IP's are set, in my case I generally prefer to
use a DHCP server, but that causes a delay whichvI think also causes
this issue....

For Mythbuntu a simple "sleep 5" in the mythfrontend script (which then
calls mythfrontend.real in Mythbuntu) solved the problem,
Thanks for that. Another approach in some cases might just to be to hard
code the IP locally!

> although it needs to be re-added after every update.
Annoying! Another way?