[mythtv-users] sql query to identify duplicates

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Apr 30 13:54:14 UTC 2014

On 4/30/2014 9:47 AM, Leo Butler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since changing over from an analogue (pvr-150) to digital (hdhr3-cc)
> tuner, I have written a custom recording rule to re-record episodes.
> I simply modified the custom rule to re-record sdtv recordings when
> available as hdtv.
>
> I would like to write an sql query to identify duplicate recordings,
> in order to delete the older recording. I am no sql guru, and my first
> thought was to query the recorded.duplicate field--but this is set to
> 1 for all recordings, so the name belies its purpose.

That field (along with the one in oldrecorded) indicates that the record
is participating in duplicate matching.  If you set it to zero, the
scheduler will allow that show to be re-recorded, independent of any
duplicate filters you may have on the recording rule.  This is how the
"forget recording" mechanism operates.