[mythtv-users] sql query to identify duplicates

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 30 14:02:24 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 09:47 AM, Leo Butler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since changing over from an analogue (pvr-150) to digital (hdhr3-cc)
> tuner, I have written a custom recording rule to re-record episodes.
> I simply modified the custom rule to re-record sdtv recordings when
> available as hdtv.
>
> I would like to write an sql query to identify duplicate recordings,
> in order to delete the older recording. I am no sql guru, and my first
> thought was to query the recorded.duplicate field--but this is set to
> 1 for all recordings, so the name belies its purpose.
>
> Any suggestions?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FindDuplicateRecordings , but ideally you'd
modify it so it operates on all recordings and so that things like
category can be specified in the command line or interactively--and
especially so that deletes are confirmed interactively.  Lots of
examples at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Python_Scripts (those by
Raymond Wagner being excellent examples of how to do things properly
with the Python bindings he wrote :).

This would be a much better "whole" solution than using SQL (which can't
do the rest--like delete and such).

Mike