[mythtv-users] stuttering video and audio mythbuntu14.01 on atom w nvidia and vdpau

Anthony Hill arhill at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 12:13:30 UTC 2014

I've got a problem with really bad audio and video stuttering with
mythbuntu 14.01 running on an D2700 atom ION board with the integrated
Geforce GT520M.

Its a zotac zbox - this same PC has performed great with mythtv and ubuntu
in the past.

If I enable VDPAU, I get terrible audio and video stuttering. If I then
disable audio (NULL output device), video playback is fine.

If I disable VDPAU, I get fine audio and video - but only standard def of
course - I really need VDPAU to watch 720p or above.

Normally, when playing video on this machine, CPU is very low (~3%) - and
that is still the case now even while it is stuttering and playing slow.

I'm using the nVidia 331.38 driver that was installed automatically as part
of the install process.

I've tried the "echo 192 | sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc"
.. thing.

..so any ideas anyone ?

Has anyone got similar hardware working 14.01 ?

Cheers.

--
Regards,

Anthony Hill