[mythtv-users] Intel Graphics Support Question

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Fri Apr 25 19:32:01 UTC 2014

Am 25.04.2014, 09:31 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>:

> Have you already tried using the builtin upstart mechanisms for
> waiting for the network to come up?
This is what I wanted to do (learning the upstart notation at that point
and try it out to include eth0), but then I noticed this up'n'down
behavior at startups.
My plain theory that one startup would satisfy upstart was enough argument
to skip learning the upstart notation... :D

> I also have a shutdown problem with Mythbuntu 12.04 on my laptop.  I
> tracked it down to the script that was trying to shutdown lirc
> (/etc/init.d/lirc stop) hanging hard during shutdown.
I can see lirc successfully being stopped at my system while hanging. The
last printout nearly always is "checking for unattended-upgrades:".
Because of that I tried to deactivate any update mechanism in apt config
.... but failed with that obviously (today it hung again). Those apt
config stuff is really confusing to me as everything seems to be doubled
and tripled.

A second theory on what causes those hangs for me is eit/epg fetching on
invalid channels - or better: channels that do not broadcast epg over eit.
Because of this theory I deactivated eit for all channels that don't
showed up with program informations after the previous channel scan - I
have to repeat this for my current channel scan I did some days (oh ...
its been weeks already :D ) ago.

But I would not rely on that. Maybe there are multiple reasons. It
wouldn't be the first time... ;-)

--
www.nskcomputing.de