[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: HDTC-2US Homerun and OTA tuning

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:52:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I reading you correctly though? If, like me, you would turn the
> transcoding OFF, you can't use multirec and record two channels on the same
> frequency on one tuner?

The limitation of two recordings is (claimed to be, again,
I do not own one, just read the glossyware) with transcoding
ON.  With transcoding OFF/disabled/whatever the HDTC-2US
would be functionally equivalent to the HDHR4-2US
(i.e. new tuner, and multirec capable), although you
would be paying more for the transcoder you do not
want to use.  If you just want the new tuner hardware,
the HDHR4-2US is the one you want.